There are a variety of processes related to the ongoing management of your inventory including data collection, administration, analysis and reporting processes. Your organisation may have many and varied emission sources and resources with sometimes unique data collection processes to be performed on a regular basis. In addition, understanding, managing and reviewing your inventory requires additional processes involving regular analysis and at intervals you may want to report your inventory results.
The Processes' functionality in BraveGen CSR is central to defining, managing and streamlining inventory data collection, administration, analysis and reporting processes for your organisation and supply chain. This functionality addresses:
- the parties involved in a process such as who to contact to get your activity data
- when to contact them
- the documentation and notification of collection, calculation, administration, analysis and reporting instructions
- the steps and actions required to complete a process
- keeping process support people in the loop
On this page
- An Overview of Processes in BraveGen CSR
- View and Edit Processes
- Add New Processes
- Archiving and un-archiving processes
Data collection processes drive organisation wide data collection regimes. BraveGen CSR provides comprehensive automated functionality to help your organisation manage its data collection processes.
In BraveGen CSR data collection processes are setup for each activity data source. For example if taxi travel data is sourced from two different taxi companies then two data collection processes would be required.
Up to three parties can be involved in a data collection process:
- The Data Source Owner (DSO) - generates activity data periodically. The DSO could be your external supplier, a staff memeber who communicates with your supplier or a staff member who runs internal reports that contain the required data.
- The Data Submitter (DS) - receives the activity data from the DSO and enters it into BraveGen CSR. This could be your external supplier who also performs the DS role or a staff member.
- The Data Overseer (DO) - reviews the submitted activity data, providing review commentary and approving or declining it.
Creating Data Collection Tasks and associating each task with a process enables BraveGen CSR to send out notifications and reminders to the parties involved in a process and to accept data file uploads for data collection periods.
The processes and task functionality is a key benefit from using BraveGen CSR and it is strongly recommended because you will spend a lot less time gathering and recording data.
A list of your processes can be found by going to Main Menu > Data Collection > Processes.
To view the details of an existing process, click on the process name.
The View Process page contains all the information required to perform a particular process.
The process overview and instructions will appear in notification e-mails that are sent to the parties involved in the process. Notification e-mails are created and managed by tasks associated with a process. Related tasks are shown further down the page.
The History, notes and documents tab contains additional notes and documents and an automated audit trail all related to this the process.
Documents and notes can be added on both the View Process or Edit Process pages by using the "Add note" and "Add document" buttons.
Edit a process
Users with process editing permissions may edit process details. To edit process details click on "Edit process" button adjacent to the Process Name.
Users with process editing permissions may edit process details. To add a new process, click on the "Add new process" button.
The 'Add New Process page' is displayed below. For step by step guidance on completing each field go to the Help Centre Tutorial called 'Adding and Updating a Data collection Process' located on the main menu under Tutorials > Adding And Updating Information
To archive a process
- On the Processes page click the process you want to archive
- On the View Process page click the "Archive this process" button in the top right corner of the page.
Please note: Archiving a process sets its status to disabled and disables all the associated tasks.
To un-archive a process
- Click "Show archived processes..." at the bottom of the Processes page
- Click the process you want to unarchive
- Click the "Un-archive this process" button at the top right corner of the page
- Your process will now appear in the normal list or processes
Please note: After unarchiving a process it will be still be disabled and all associated tasks will not be un-archived. This is to prevent old task reminders being sent out as soon as you un-archive a process. If you wish to use the process you will need to enable it and create new tasks for the process.