This tool is used to copy one value (activity data, cost and comments) from one inventory to many inventories over one or more months. For example, there is a standard default value to apply to many locations or assets.
To find this tool:
- On the menu bar select Data Collection > Automation Tools
- In the One To Many Copy Tool box, click Use the Data One to Many Copy Tool.
The following example provides a guide to using this tool:
- Enter the values to be copied, e.g., 200 kWh;
- Enter the period of time to copy and the start date, e.g., 6 months from 1 January 2022.
- Select the option required when existing data is found, e.g., Overwrite the existing data with these values.
Overwriting means that if there is already data in the destination inventory items for any month in the selected time period, the existing data will be overwritten. This may be appropriate if, e.g., the data copy is being repeated because it was initially done incorrectly.
Other options are to:
Add these values to the existing data, or
Ignore these values and leave the existing data unchanged.
- Select the relevant data collection task from the dropdown box.
- Filter the destination inventories in the grid to select only those locations and inventories required, e.g., Auckland and Electricity.
- Add a comment.
- Click the Preview These Updates... button.
- Preview the updates to ensure they are correct and click the Confirm These Updates button.
When the update is complete a confirmation will be displayed.